At a glance
- The ultimate digital Wavetable synthesizer
- Sculpt your sound via the wide range of processors and morph modes on offer
- It's possible to achieve 230 million sounds just using the Modwave in isolation!
- Boasts 37 semi-weighted keys for unparalleled playability
- Easily access your favourite sounds via the tried and tested library
- The wide range of presets on offer allow you to achieve great sounds straight out of the box
- Hit the dice icon to get yourself out of any creative rut
- Add movement to your sound with the on-board step sequencer
The Korg Modwave is a powerful wavetable synthesizer inspired by the Korg’s DW-8000 digital wavetable synth and mixing digital oscillators and analogue filters.
The Korg Modwave updates the DW heritage with edgy and deep wavetable oscillators, stunning-sounding classic filters, unrivalled polyphony, powerful pattern sequencing and plenty of hands-on controls.
New to the Modwave are two insanely powerful dynamic motion tools, the Kaoss Physics and Motion Sequencing 2.0. The Kaoss Physics takes Korg’s legendary Kaoss Pad X/Y surface and combines it with modulatable game physics to create an extremely responsive and interactive. The Motion Sequencing 2.0 offers an organic and continuously evolving pattern modulation, bringing multiple lanes and real-time motion recording to create rich evolving phrases that can’t be matched by traditional step sequencers.
The Modwave offers a wide choice of filters, from the raw low-pass and high-pass filters of the MS-20, or the strong and sweet Polysix Low-pass filter or even choose between 2-pole and 4-pole low-pass, high-pass, bandpass and band-reject (notch) filters. Or create a modulatable blend of multiple modes to create new and out of this world textures.
The Modwave ships with a collection of music software to help capture your productions and transform them into final products, including Reason Lite, Izotope Ozone Element, Skoove and other software synths From Korg and others.