16-channel hybrid mixer developed in partnership with Greg Mackie and Peter Watts with 8 preamps, 4-stereo tracks, 3-band Channel EQs, 1-knob Channel Compressors, Mute Groups, Feedback Suppression, Musician's Phone Feature, Spectrum Analyzer, Digital Effects, and USB, 24-channel hybrid mixer developed in partnership with Greg Mackie and Peter Watts with 16 preamps, 4-stereo tracks, 3-band Channel EQs, 1-knob Channel Compressors, Mute Groups, Feedback Suppression, Musician's Phone Feature, Spectrum Analyzer, Digital Effects, and USB
At a glance
- True hybrid design developed with mixer design legends Greg Mackie and Peter Watts
- 16 x 8 x 2 models feature practical design structure and ingenious features that make mixing unpredictable live performances easy even for novices
- Peter Watts-designed HiVolt mic preamps, with the most headroom of any comparably-priced analogue or digital mixer
- Unique Musician’s Phones Monitor Section for a fast, one-knob boost of a musician’s mix without having to change Aux or Main mix
- Only mixer in its class with Mute Groups to create various input combinations of musicians or parts of a church service
- True 8-bus configuration makes SoundLink perfect for recording as well as live mixing musicians, different parts of a church service, or cues during a theatre production
- Peter Watts’ refined, studio-grade, one-knob Compressor on all mic channels
- Super-useful touches such as best-in-class Feedback control system, all-XLR speaker outputs, 31-band Spectrum Analyzer, and enhanced Break system
- 20 of Korg’s renowned 32-bit digital effects — 10 at once with recallable parameters
- Premium components including Velvet Sound A/D & D/A converters and silky-smooth, long-life ALPS faders and rotary controls
The Korg MW-1608 is a 16-channel hybrid mixer developed in partnership with Greg Mackie and Peter Watts.
The Korg MW-1608 includes eight mono channels with HiVolt mic preamps, 3-band EQ and an easy-one knob compression control. A clever muting group lets you mute group of channels instantly letting you quickly focus on a group of instruments. The MW-1608 also boasts an 8-buss configuration offering flexible routing, ideal for live and studio applications.
Live users will love the feedback suppressor, built-in spectrum analyser and all-XLR speaker outputs. Furthermore, this hybrid mixer includes studio-quality Korg digital effects.
Designed by Peter Watts and Greg Mackie
The overall design was done by Greg Mackie, bringing his years of experience making and using mixers and as a result, feels immediately familiar as well as including truly innovative features.
The analogue circuitry and preamps design come from Peter Watts of whose work for Trident mixing consoles can be heard on countless classics. Newly developed HiVolt mic preamps offer warm and musical performance with an unmatched level of headroom for any small-format mixer in its class. In addition, Peter Watts also lent his expertise on the EQ and dynamic designs imparting a familiar sonic imprint.
Innovative feature such as four mute groups, one-knob compressors and clever one-knob “more-me” control also help set this mixer apart from the competition. These clever features not only open up new possibilities but also make it extremely easy to get decent mixes.
Korg Digital Effects
The main section includes no less than 30 studio digital effects including six reverbs with unique “warm” versions, Chorus, Flanger, Exciter, Sub-bass booster, Multiband Compression, noise gate, paragraphic EQ and more. Some of these 32-bit effects include Korg’s renowned SDD-3000 stereo delay while some of the other effects are directly taken from the revered Kronos workstation. Up to 10 effects can be used simultaneously giving you plenty of control to sculpt your mix.
Furthermore, the MW-1608 includes a spectrum analyser with test tone generators to tune the room directly from the mixer and the anti-feedback is easily accessible and configurable.
A USB mixer also lets you record the stereo mix directly into your DAW. The MW-1608 also ships with a download code for iZotope RX Elements to help you add the final polish and clean up your recordings.