At a glance
- Professional front-address microphone
- Large-diaphragm condenser
- Internally shock-mounted pressure gradient condenser element
- Excellent off-axis sound rejection
- Ultra-wide dynamic range (handles SPL up to 135 dB)
- Requires 48v phantom power
- Designed for live performance, studio recording and broadcast
- Ideal for voice and instruments
- Rugged and hard-wearing
- Built-in 2-Stage High and Low-cut filters
The Lauten Audio LS-208 is a large-diaphragm condenser microphone offering unrivalled isolation allowing for the recording of full bands in the same room.
The Lauten Audio LS-208 is a front-address microphone with a unique design to offer laser-focus capture with unmatched off-axis side and rear rejection.
Furthermore, it boasts two onboard analogue filters that are provided to help shape the sound right at the source. The high-pass filter provides two frequency options (50Hz, 120Hz) to help tame the proximity effect and ensuring an open and clear sound at the source. Furthermore, it includes a Low-pass filter with a choice of frequencies between 8kHz and 10kHz to provide further isolation or remove unwanted top end on guitar cabinets.
The LS-208 is very versatile and can be used on drums, vocals, guitars, horns as well as podcasts or anything where a front-address microphone would be desired. It is furthermore able to withstand extremely high levels, up to 135dB SPL without internal padding making it a microphone of choice where dynamic mics would traditionally be preferred.
Internally the microphone employs high-resolution, low-distortion polypropylene capacitors and resistors as well as US-made low-noise FET and a custom-wound output transformer. The result is a very natural and true-to-life sound with exceptional isolation and transient response.
The LS-208 ships in a flight case and includes a shock mount, an adjustable hard mount and a foam windscreen.