The MEA-2 Precision Stereo Equalizer is designed for recording and mastering applications where ultimate sonic performance is required.
At a glance
- Four separate equalizer sections per channel
- All controls are stepped for accurate adjustment and recall of settings
- Completely overlapping frequencies (in parallel bands) give maximum creative freedom
- Excellent channel-to-channel phase compatibility for improved stereo imaging
- Interactive Gain and Bandwidth controls for constant width of equalized area when changing boost/cut settings
- Unique circuit designs give a ring-free sound even for very narrow bandwidths
- 84 discrete frequencies per channel
- All sections switchable between shelving and five different bell-bandwidths
- Large size controls for comfortable operation
- Dynamic range greater than 110dB
- Electronically-balanced inputs and outputs eliminate interconnection problems, and audibly improve signal integrity
The Maselec MEA-2 Precision Stereo Equalizer is designed for recording and mastering applications where ultimate sonic performance is required.
Top recording and mastering engineers still use some analogue signal processing equipment, finding the familiar correlation between sound and control easier to work with. However, most analogue equalizers have either continuously variable controls, making precise adjustments difficult, or just a few course stepped controls. Many fail to meet the standards of audio performance consistent with digital delivery media.
Through extensive research and the legacy of the highly acclaimed Maselec 9001 retrofit equalizer for SSL 4000 mixing consoles used in top film and recording studios, we now introduce the Prism Sound Maselec MEA-2 Precision Stereo Equalizer.
The first in a new range of Maselec Master Series products, the MEA-2 was developed in association with engineer/producer Leif Mases. Leif's work with a diverse range of artists including Abba, Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath is demonstrated by the MEA-2's design with the engineer in mind: