handcrafted valve microphone preamp with transformer-based input and output stages, a pair of 12AX7 valves, and a 12AU7
At a glance
- Separate regulated Power Supply
- Input & Ouput transformers
- Push-Pull output stage
- 2x 12AX7 & 1x 12AU7
- >80 db Gain
- Full range audio frequencies
- 50 / 200 ohms input impedance
- Backlit PSU
- Perfect for all types of microphones, perfect with ribbon mics
- Handcrafted by Kerwax in Brittany
The Melodium P22T is a handcrafted valve microphone preamp in a portable enclosure.
The Melodium P22T has transformer-based input and output stages, a pair of 12AX7 valves, and a 12AU7. With a solid 80dB of gain available, the preamplifier is ideally suited to a broad range of microphones, even those with lower output levels, such as passive ribbons such as the Melodium 42Bn. A controlled power source is located in a separate container and can power one or two devices for mono or stereo operation.