The Milliennia HV-35 is a high-quality noise-free 500-series microphone and instrument preamp.
The Millennia HV-35 provides up to 75dB of clean gain and works perfectly with low-gain dynamic and ribbon microphones. A Hi-Z instrument input on the front of the unit makes it useful to track bass guitars especially instruments which use low-gain passive pickups. A fixed 80Hz high-pass filter is included as well as a 15dB Pad to track loud sources. The gain knob offers up to 65dB of gain which is then augmented by a Ribbon +10dB switch. Additional functions include a 48V phantom power and polarity reversal.
This 500-series mic preamp offers incredible specs with a frequency response stretching from an impressive 3Hz all the way to the stratospheric 300kHz ensuring that no nuances are lost.
Millennia HV-35 Microphone and Instrument Preamp Key Features:
- API 500 series compatible format single-channel microphone preamplifier
- Continuously variable gain control (up to +65dB)
- 10dB gain boost setting for DC-coupled ribbon mics (for up to +75dB of gain total)
- Front panel instrument input
- 80Hz highpass filter
- 48V phantom power
- Switchable 15dB pad
- Polarity flip switch
- Minimum Gain:8.5dB
- Maximum Gain: 75dB
- Frequency Response:+0 / -3dB, sub 3Hz to beyond 300kHz
- Noise: 60dB Gain, 10Hz-30kHz, Inputs common -133dB EIN
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise (35dB Gain, 10Hz-20kHz bandwidth, +27dBu Out): < .001%, Typ. < .0005% (< 5 ppm)
- Intermodulation Distortion ((50Hz & 7kHz) 35dB Gain, +27 dBu Out): < .0009%
- Phase Response (35dB Gain, 50Hz-20kHz bandwidth, +27 dBu Out): < 2 degrees deviation
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (35dB Gain, 10Hz-20kHz bandwidth, 100 mV C.M.): > 65dB, Typ > 85dB
- Slew Rate (35dB Gain, +27dBu Out): > 25V per microsecond
- Maximum Input Level (20Hz-40kHz): +23dBu (no attenuator pads required)
- Maximum Output Level (20Hz-40kHz): +32dBu
- Phantom Input Impedance (1kHz): 2,210 ohms
- Output Impedance: 24.3 ohms (x2)
- Phantom Powering: +48V DC, (+/-2V DC)
- Dimensions: 1.5" W x 5.25" H x 6" D
- Shipping weight: 3 lbs.