Cardioid small diaphragm condenser microphone with upgraded components for improved performance over the classic KM100 series.
The Neumann KM185 A NX is a hypercardioid small diaphragm condenser microphone part of the KM A/KM D microphone system with upgraded components for improved performance over the classic KM100 series.
The Neumann KM185 A boasts a new passive capsule and the new KM A analogue output stage which use the latest in electronic components to deliver improved performance such as lower self-noise, wider dynamic range and high electromagnetic interference rejection.
The KK 185 is a detachable hypercardioid capsule similar to that of the original KM85 and exhibits a 10dB gain reduction from side and rear with a minimum sensitivity occurring at a 120 degree angle.
Neumann KM185 A Main Features:
- Hypercardioid small diaphragm condenser microphone
- Successor to the the KM83/84
- Upgraded components for improved performance
- Includes KK 185 hypercardioid capsule and KM A analogue output stage
- Transformerless circuit
- Pleasing proximity effect when close miking
- Great for XY stereo pairs