At a glance
- Reissue of the legendary M 49 with detail improvements
- Superb vocal microphone for male and female voices
- Versatile microphone for all types of instruments
- Made to original specifications using archived documentation
- New pattern control unit automatically adapts to mains voltage
- Handmade and hand-soldered in Germany
The Neumann M 49 V is a recreation of the legendary M49 Tube condenser microphone with the same silky, warm, deep and rich sound.
The Neumann M 49 V is acoustically identical to a vintage version, sounding indistinguishable from the original even in direct A/B comparison. It boasts three polar patterns (omni, cardioid and figure-of-eight) accessible via the NM V Pattern Control Unit and PSU).
However, Neumann has taken the opportunity to extend the low-frequency response, allowing users to drop the frequency from the original 30Hz to 12Hz if they so choose to suit more modern production styles.
The M49 V also features the possibility of using a new circuit, turning the microphone into a fixed-cardioid polar pattern. The new circuit increases the microphone’s sensitivity by 2dB and reduces the equivalent noise level by 3dB resulting in a more intimate sound. Please select the appropriate version before checkout.
Handbuilt in Germany, using rare triode tubes. The M 49 V will only be available as a limited edition. This iconic tube microphone ships in a rugged case and includes the PSU/Pattern Control Unit, a Cable, Shock mount, and safety and quick guides.