At a glance
- Classic transformer microphone preamp amp (Class A design)
- 3 EQ bands
- Hand-built and hand-wired to original 1970s design
- Hi-pass filter
- Neve designed hand-wound transformers
- Both inputs are transformer balanced and earth free
- Microphone Input: Gain +80 dB to +20 dB in 5 dB steps
- Line Input: Input impedance 10k ohms, gain +20dB to -10dB in 5dB steps.
- Output: Maximum output is >+26dBu into 600 ohms.
- Output is transformer balanced and earth free
- Distortion: Not more than 0.07% from 50Hz to 10kHz at +20dBu output
- (80 kHz bandwidth) into 600 ohms.
- Freq Response: ±-0.5 dB 20 Hz to 20 kHz, -3 dB at 40 kHz, EQ Out
The Neve 1073 Stereo Mic Pre and EQ includes two Neve 1073 Classic mic preamp and EQ housed in the Neve 1073/84 Rack PSU.
The Neve 1073 Stereo Mic Pre and EQ is the iconic Class A Mic preamp with finely tuned EQ bands delivering the iconic Neve sound heard on countless hit records over the last 50 years. The mic preamp of choice for countless producers and engineers alike for its unmistakable larger-than-life sound and smooth top end, the Neve 1073 Classic adds the warmth and depth that only superior analogue design can deliver.
The 1073 Classic is a stringent recreation of the 1970’s original design featuring carefully selected components to meet exact specifications of original models. Neve has also gone to great length to recreate the original transformers in-house. Each transformer is hand-wound and all components are rigorously wired by hand and tested in their Factory in Burnley to meet the required frequency response, internal noise and distortion levels of Neve’s original standard.
The two 1073 units come into the 3U Neve custom rack and PSU. The rack also provides Phantom Power switches and Gain Control.