At a glance
- Active 2-way nearfield reference monitor with ATL™ bass loading
- Frequency response: 39Hz - 25kHz (- 3dB @1m full space, on-axis)
- Max. cont. SPL: 106dB @1m (half space value calculated as +3dB from full space measurement.
- Un-weighted input,20-20kHz Pink Noise (IEC) with 12dB CF for 2 hours AES2-1984 duration)
- State-of-the-art Class-D amplifiers: HF 200W, LF 200W
- Analogue/AES3 digital input (16/24-bit, 18 -192kHz sample rate)
- Digital ‘through’ output (AES3 24-bit 96kHz)
- SoundAlign™ network control interface for single or group EQ & settings
- Sophisticated DSP crossover, driver protection, EQ, and delay/polarity options
- Automatic portrait/landscape placement DSP correction
- PMC6 + PMC8 SUB creates PMC6 XBD, with LF down to 25Hz
- Ceiling-mount yoke allows suspension in multi-channel or immersive systems
The PMC 6 is a two-way active studio monitor designed to offer the same sonic signature as their larger studio monitors in a compact form for smaller control rooms or for use as part of immersive systems.
The PMC 6 uses a bespoke 6-inch driver designed to integrate perfectly with PMC’s latest ATL bass-loading and Laminair airflow technologies. The driver offers an excursion of 20mm with no distortion and outperforms most 8” monitors with superior bass extension, headroom and dynamics at all levels.
A 1” precision-built soft dome tweeter with a shallow waveguide provides a wide and tonally consistent dispersion and tight imaging. Both drivers are powered by a 200W Class-D amplifier each providing ultra-low distortion.
The PMC 6 can be placed vertically or horizontally with the clever DSP engine that automatically adjusts the crossover to ensure optimal tonal accuracy, phase and imaging.
Calibration of the speakers is done via the controls on the back panel or PMC’s intuitive SoundAlign software that is accessible via any browser. A full-range, free-standing system is possible by combining a PMC8 Sub, creating a PMC6 XBD system by activating the XBD DSP mode that ensures a perfect synergy between the two units. The PMC6 XBD’s frequency range is extended down to 25Hz.