At a glance
- 3-way active, twin cabinet, mid-field reference monitor with ATL™ bass loading
- Frequency response: 25Hz - 25kHz (- 3dB @1m full space, on-axis)
- State-of-the-art Class-D amplifiers: HF 200W, LF 200W, SUB(XBD) 300W
- Analogue/AES3 digital input (16/24-bit, 18 -192kHz sample rate)
- Digital ‘through’ output (AES3 24-bit 96kHz)
- SoundAlign™ network control interface for single or group EQ & settings
- Sophisticated DSP crossover, driver protection, EQ, and delay/polarity options
The PMC6-XBD System combines the PMC6 midfield studio monitor with two PMC 8 Sub to create a compact midfield monitoring system with true three-way operation, reducing distortion and increasing headroom.
The PMC6-XBD extends the frequency response down to 25Hz and increases the clarity by reducing low-frequency distortion occurring in the midrange driver. The result is a more realistic sound and greater depth.
Configuration is easy and consists of connecting the input to the PMC6 and linking the main speakers to the sub via the AES digital cable “through” output. Both cabinets can also be linked via LAN or chained together directly via their Network ports.
The XBD mode combines speakers and corresponding sub into a single large scale full-range monitor. Additional DSP controls can also be accessed via the rear panel or via the SoundAlign software via LAN connection. When linked, each Speaker and relative sub appears as one PMC6 XBD speaker in the software.