At a glance
- 3-way active, twin cabinet, mid-field reference monitor with ATL™ bass loading
- Frequency response: 25Hz - 25kHz (- 3dB @1m full space, on-axis)
- State-of-the-art Class-D amplifiers: HF 400W, MF 400W, LF 2 x 400W, SUB(XBD) 2 x 400W
- Analogue / AES3 digital input (16/24-bit, 18 -192kHz sample rate)
- Digital "through" output (AES3 24-bit 96kHz)
- SoundAlign™ network control interface for single or group EQ & settings
- Sophisticated DSP crossover, driver protection, EQ, and delay/polarity options
The PMC8-2-XBD System combines the PMC8-2 midfield studio monitor with two PMC 8-2 Sub to create a powerful, 3-way, full-range monitoring system with superior clarity and resolution.
The PMC8-2-XBD system extends bass headroom by an impressive 6dB with superior clarity and depth.
Configuration of the PMC 8-2-XBD is simple and consists of connecting the input to the PMC8-2 studio monitors and linking the main speakers to the 8-2 subwoofer via the AES digital cable “through” output. Both cabinets can also be linked via LAN or chained together directly via their Network ports.
The XBD mode combines speakers and corresponding sub into a single large scale full-range monitor. Additional DSP controls can also be accessed via the rear-panel or via the SoundAlign software via LAN connection. When linked, each speaker and relative sub appears as one PMC 8-2-XBD speaker in the software.