Primacoustic RX5-HF Horizontal Recoil Stabiliser Monitor Isolation Pad - Single.
At a glance
- Improves transient response
- Widens the sound field for better imaging
- Tightens up the bass response for greater accuracy
- High-density urethane foam insulator
- Heavy mass laser cut stabilizing deck
- Non-resonating front coupling plate
- Anti-slip neoprene friction pad
- Dimensions: 7.5" (190mm) X 9.5" (241mm) X 1.9" (47mm)
- Load Limit: 32 lbs (15 kg)
The Primacoustic RX5-HF Recoil Stabilizer is a unique speaker mounting device that at once eliminates disruptive resonant coupling from the loudspeaker to the stand while providing a stable base that reduces the recoil caused by the forward energy of the loudspeaker motion.
Made from three basic components, the Primacoustic RX5 HF Recoil Stabilizer is essentially a platform for the loudspeaker that features a high-density urethane base that isolates the speaker from the shelf, monitor bridge or stand. This effectively decouples the loudspeaker to eliminate vibration-borne resonance to the substructure. A heavy laser-cut steel plate is added and sandwiched between the isolation layer and a no-slip neoprene top. The steel plate introduces significant mass to the structure and serves to stabilize the speaker.
The Primacoustic RX5-HF Recoil Stabilizer works by reducing the backward 'recoil' energy as the speaker coil pushes energy forward, so initial waveform transients no longer suffer lag and the sharpness of the resulting pulse is more defined. The result is significantly greater detail at all frequencies, with tighter bottom end and improved depth of field.