The Prism Sound Dream ADA-8XR is a high-quality, 24-bit/192 kHz modular multi-channel AD/DA Converter offering the cleanest and most transparent conversion for professional applications in music recording, mixing and mastering as well as for broadcast and post-production.
The Dream ADA-8XR carries on Prism Sound‚Äôs design ethos to ensure unparalleled performance, pristine sound quality and superior versatility. ¬†Prism Sound‚Äôs digital audio converter is ideal for producers and engineers looking to achieve superior recordings full of depth and detail whether you are recording vocals, drums, acoustic guitar or a full orchestra. At the mixing stage, the ADA-8XR can also provide multiple outputs allowing you to connect to an external summing mixer.
Modular in design, the Dream ADA-8XR can be configured around your setup by the addition of optional modules. Whether you need simply a few channels of incredibly high conversion or a large multi-track setup, the ADA-8XR can provide all the flexibility required. Pro Tools users can for example use the ADA-8XR as a 16 channel AD converter, a 16 channel DA converter or use the 8 analogue i/o (8C-STD-HD module) with or without the addition of 8 AES i/o (with the 8C-STD-HD-AES module). Other configurations let you connect the ADA-8xr to DSD systems or even Native systems such as Logic, Cubase and many more thanks to its Firewire card.
The ADA-8XR also works perfectly as a master clock for your entire system whether you run it from its precision internal reference or from any external source.¬† What‚Äôs more, the ADA-8XR can run in Pro Tools Loop Sync Mode ensuring a precision clock to your Pro Tools HD system.
Prism Sound ADA-8XR Multi-Channel Digital Audio Converter Overview:
- Up to 16 channels of state-of-the-art 24-bit, 192kHz conversion in one great-sounding 2U package.
- Choice of 8AD plus 8DA; 16AD; 16DA or D-D only configurations.
- Dual-path architecture allows independent operation of two 8-channel paths:
- Each path (bank of 8 channels) can be assigned to either record or play functions;
- Each path can have independent clock references at different sample rates if desired;
- Each path is independently configurable;
- Each path can drive analogue and digital outputs simultaneously if desired
- Allows Source Monitoring with simultaneous A/D and D/A conversion.
- Electronically balanced, transformerless, galvanically isolated XLR analogue inputs and outputs ensure freedom from noise pick-up and crosstalk, with software-controlled balance and line-up;
- Prism Sound 'Over-killer' selectable on analogue inputs: the best-sounding gentle limiting for louder masters - with no 'overs';
Digital Interface options
- AES3,S/PDIF up to 192kHz. Handles & converts 2-wire formats for 96k and 192k;
- FireWire - for direct connection to DAW software on PC or Mac;
- Pro Tools|HD - replace 192IO/96IOs; up to 32 channels in and out per Digi Core/Process card;
- Pro Tools|24 MIX - direct connection in place of 888|IO;
- DSD - for SACD production, with SDIF2/3 and optional MAC-DSD (Cat5); also allows sample-rate-conversion between any PCM rates;
Clocking and synchronisation
- Ultimate Prism Sound clock-stability and jitter-rejection for crystal-clear imaging, with independent multiple PLLs for A/D and D/A paths;
- Locks securely to an external reference working stand-alone or with DAWs.
- 8-channel LED bargraph with peak hold and status monitoring, switchable between paths.
Monitoring and other features
- Stereo monitor, with headphones and analogue line AND digital S/PDIF outputs, can monitor any input or output pair, or a panned stereo mix of all eight channels;
- Built-in Prism Sound 'SNS' noise-shapers for ultimate quality 16-bit & 20-bit transfers;
- Built-in Prism Sound 'MR-X' word-mapping for lossless recording up to 24-bit, 96kHz on standard DA-88 or ADAT MDMs, or other 16 or 20-bit media;
- Built-in Prism Sound 'DRE' for 24-bit performance on 16-bit media WITHOUT losing tracks;
- Intuitive user interface provides fast access to all I/O and processing functions; with continuous display of all settings;
- Noise-shaping, MRX or DRE processing functions can be also be carried out in 'D-D' mode, including conversion between different digital interface formats;
- Modular construction allows upgrading of all input and output cards (INCLUDING A/D, D/A, and DSP boards); no need to worry about future converter advances or new interface standards;
- Internet-upgradable software - loads from your PC or Mac into 'flash' memory inside the ADA-8XR;