At a glance
- Two Single-channel, three-band midrange equalizer built exactly like the original, legendary Pultec units
- Combines the vintage character of original Pultecs with the reliability of modern design
- Incredibly low noise floor for a pure sound
- Fantastic EQ for guitars, vocals, woodwinds, and other midrange-rich material
- Separate boost and cut bands provide surprising creative potential
- Low-midrange peak boost: 200, 300, 500, 700, 1000 CPS, 0 - 10 dB
- High-midrange peak boost: 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 5 KCS, 0 - 8 dB
- Dip Atten: 200, 300, 500, 700 CPS and 1, 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 KCS, 0 - 10 dB
- Input Transformer: 600 OhmsOutput Transformer: 600 Ohms
- Noise: Below -75 dBmDistortion: ≤ 0.15% at +10 dBm into 600 Ohms
- API 2520 Op-Amp in gain stage
The Pulse Techniques MEQ-5-SS Matched Pair is a solid-state edition of the legendary Pultec MEQ-5, replacing the valve amplification system with an API 2520 Op-amp.
The Pulse Techniques MEQ-5-SS is identical to the original units made 60 years ago and features the same three-band designs offering complete midrange control. With two low-mid and high-mid peaks and one midrange dip, the Pultec MEQ-5-SS can sculpt the midrange with broad strikes to remove unwanted frequencies and give your music a creamy and silky character.
The Pulse Techniques MEQ-5-SS is not a simple clone of a legendary EQ; it is a painstakingly exact recreation using only original-spec components led by the dedication and commitment of Dr Steven Jackson, which has led to the truly authentic sound of Pultec EQs becoming readily available again.
Using an API 2520 Op-amp instead of the valve gain circuitry provides a more transparent tone while keeping the musicality and depth of the original. Another benefit is that the unit will not require changing valves, making it more affordable to maintain and purchase.