Comprises two CMC 6 analogue microphone preamps and Mk5 Omni/Cardioid which have been frequency matched.
The Schoeps CMC-65 stereo set comprises two CMC 6 analogue microphone preamps and Mk5 Omni/Cardioid which have been frequency matched.
The Schoeps CMC-65 is ideal for relatively close range stereo recording or spot mic’ing or ORTF or coincident pair.
The Schoeps Mk5 uses a one membrane design providing two directional patterns (omni/cardioid). This design allows full directionality throughout the full audible spectrum and noticeable clarity and purity. Furthermore, the Mk5 exhibits a slight high-frequency boost.
Powering the capsule, the CMC6 mic preamp is designed to accept 48 and 12 Volts phantom power, adapating automatically to the current received.
Schoeps CMC-65 Stereo Set Main Features:
- omni and cardioid patterns, mechanically switchable
- slight emphasis of the high frequencies
- broad range of applications
- preferred uses similar to those of the MK 2 or MK 2S and the MK 4:
- in the cardioid setting: for use with singing or speaking voices or most instruments, as a spot microphone, and for stereo recording with coincident, ORTF or M/S microphone arrangements
- in the omni setting: for recording instruments, singers, etc. at relatively close range
- Flat frequency response
- Extremely low noise and distortion
- Balanced, very low-impedance output
- Can be used with very long cables
- Well-protected against RFI
- For use with 12- or 48-Volt phantom powering