At a glance
- Cardioid pattern
- For pickup of speech or music at close range (under 50cm)
- Considerable attenuation of low frequencies
- Frequency range: 80 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 12 mV/Pa
- Equivalent noise level (A-weighted): 15 dB-A
- Equivalent noise level (CCIR): 25 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio (A-weighted): 79 dB-A
- Maximum sound pressure level at 0.5% THD: 132 dB-SPL
- Length: 22 mm
- Diameter: 20 mm
- Weight: 17 g
- Surface finish: matte gray (g) or nickel (ni)
The Schoeps Mk4S is a cardioid microphone capsule, part of the Colette series for use with the CMC range of preamplifiers.
The Schoeps MK4S is designed to primarily be used for voiceover, sound reinforcement or wherever good speech audibility in a noisy environment is required. The MK4S features a low frequency roll-off to counteract the low frequency boost linked to proximity effect. At the Ideal placement of around 10cm from the source and no more than 50cm, the Schoeps MK4S's frequency response can be flat.