At a glance
- “Vertical” (side-addressed) cardioid capsule
- For a very wide range of recording applications
- Slight high-frequency emphasis
- Often preferred for singing or speaking voices and most instruments
- Frequency range: 40 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 13 mV/Pa
- Equivalent noise level (A-weighted): 14 dB-A
- Equivalent noise level (CCIR): 24 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio (A-weighted): 80 dB-A
- Maximum sound pressure level at 0.5% THD: 132 dB-SPL
- Length: 34 mm
- Diameter: 20 mm
- Weight: 18 g
- Surface finish: matte grey (g) or nickel (ni)
The Schoeps Mk4V is a side-address cardioid microphone capsule for the CMC range of preamps.
The Schoeps MKV uses a vertical or "side-address" capsule and is favoured by many engineers on vocals where the slight emphasis at 10 kHz improves intelligibility. In addition, the vertical layout makes it ideal for near coincidental stereo microphone positioning ensuring that the body of each microphone is out of the way of each other.
Its cardioid polar pattern is well preserved even at high frequencies thanks to the acoustically transparent housing. The MK4V provides exceptional high-frequency rejection off-axis helping to focus the sound on the source. As a result, the Schoeps MK4V is extremely flexible and can be used on instruments, vocals and speech and as an ambience capturing microphone.