Figure-eight capsule - colette series.
At a glance
- Figure 8 polar pattern
- Frequency range: 40Hz - 16kHz
- Sensitivity: 10 mV/Pa
- Equivalent noise level (A-weighted): 18dB-A
- Equivalent noise level (CCIR): 26dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio (A-weighted): 76dB-A
- Maximum sound pressure level at 0.5% THD: 134dB-SPL
The Schoeps MK 8 is a microphone capsule for the CMC Colette series of preamps with a bi-directional (figure-of-eight) polar pattern.
The Schoeps Mk 8 is perfect for use in Blumlein or M/S stereo configurations or on its own when rejection of side signals is important. With a consistent bidirectional polar pattern, it provides a very natural sound.
The MK8 continues Schoeps tradition for excellence that it has borne to all its products since 1948, exhibiting the best in German engineering and innovation in a quest to achieve the ultimate transparent and life-like sound. As a result, Schoeps is very popular among classic recording engineers and broadcast.