Dual Mode FET Limiter inspired by the legendary 1176 Blue Stripe and Black Face.
Serpent Audio Splice MkII is a single channel FET compressor inspired by the Urei 1176.
The Serpent Audio Splice MkII is actually 4-in-1 compressors with configurable audio path circuitry. Blackface and Blue Stripe modes on the input and output give you a wide range of tonal options. Just like the original FET limiters it takes inspiration from, the Splice mark II boasts an ALL in mode.
Yet, the Splice MkII is more than a simple 1176 clone and boasts many great features to set it apart from others. First is the inclusion of external send and return insert points with front-panel switch. A Mix/Blend control with switchable bypass is also provided for parallel compression. Other features include active side-chain filters, and switchable 600R output load. This allows to use the Splice with modern or vintage equipment.
Serpent Audio Splice MkII Main Features:
- Discrete transistor audio path with w/ Class A transistor output circuitry
- Transformer Balanced Input & Output
- Stereo Linkable w/ front panel switch
- External Send & Return w/ front panel switch
- "All Buttons In" / Slam Mode front panel switch
- True Bypass (Relay Controlled) w/ front panel switch
- Integrated Mix/Blend Control w/ switchable bypassing for in-the-box parallel processing
- Integrated Active Sidechain Filters
- Switchable 600R Output loading for use with both vintage and modern equipment
- 45dB of Gain (with no limiting)
- Attack Time - 20 to 800 Microseconds
- Release Time - 50 Milliseconds to 1.1 Seconds
- Compression Ratios - 2:1, 4:1, 8:1, 12:1, 20:1 & Soft Bypass (BP)
- True VU meter w/ meter buffer circuitry
- Integrated Linear Power Supply
- 115V/230V compatible (User selectable on rear panel)
- Backed by a 2 Year Warranty