Launched in 2004, the AWS (Analogue Workstation System) reinvented the professional production console by combining classic SSL SuperAnalogue™ console technology with comprehensive DAW control hardware in a single work surface. Over 550 consoles later the AWS is now used by leading international recording artists, producers and engineers and has shaped expectations for session workflow within today's and indeed tomorrows' production environments.
At a glance
- Combination of SuperAnalogue console and advanced DAW controller
- SSL SuperAnalogue mix bus provides pristine audio foundations
- SSL SuperAnalogue mic pre-amps provide transparent record path
- A-FADA Mode where motorised analogue faders follow DAW automation
- AWSomation SSL motorised fader mix automation based on the heritage of G and K Series Ultimation
- Versatile 4 band channel EQ, assignable Dynamics and SSL Master Bus Compressor
- 4-Band EQ design with independent E/G curve-switching of HF/LF
- 5.1 Surround monitoring and monitor calibration including Bass management
- MIDI over Ethernet multi-layer DAW workstation control
- Digital Scribble Strips for console and DAW data
- Elegant project setup via SSL Logictivity Remote Browser and SD card storage
- SSL's unique trademarked Total recall system with 'TR Autoscan'
- Responsible 'green' manufacturing and reduced power consumption
- Compact 24 fader frame ideal for small control rooms
- New Delta Control Software for DAW automation control of the AWS Console
- Made in UK
The SSL AWS 924 uses ultra-quiet, ultra-clean SSL SuperAnalogue circuitry to provide a fully-featured professional 24 channel analogue mixing console, capable of controlling more than one DAW workstation at a time, with new updated Delta Control Plug-in DAW software.
Each channel on the AWS 924 is equipped with extensive EQ facilities that enable you to switch between E and G Series versions, from the majestic XL 9000 K console - with High and Low band switchable curves and fully parametric mids.
Motorised 100mm faders are fitted as standard, as you would expect from a high-end desk such as this, to control either analogue signals or your DAW returns. DAW commands are handled by the extensive centre section DAW transport controller with assignable keys, and a Transport Lock function to keep you in touch with either DAW at any time. Common DAW functions can be handled here, including accessing plug-ins.
The AWS 924 also uses the A-FADA DAW Follow function where the motorised faders track DAW Automation commands. V-Pots give multifunction access to all aspects of the console, simplifying the layout to give you an uncluttered and comprehensible work surface. For busy production and recording studios, the AWS 924 is the complete package, with full 5.1 monitoring facilities as well as the powerful SSL Stereo Bus Compressor and Total Recall capability with the new SSL Delta Control Software