At a glance
- Combination of SuperAnalogue console and advanced DAW controller
- SSL SuperAnalogue mix bus provides pristine audio foundations
- SSL SuperAnalogue mic pre-amps provide transparent record path
- Innovative Dual Path Channel with three versatile operating modes
- 48 inputs on AWS 948
- IN-LINE TRACKING = 1 mic + 1 line inputs per channel
- IN-LINE MIX = 2 x mono line inputs per channel
- STEREO MIX = 1 x stereo line inputs per channel
- A-FADA Mode where motorised analogue faders follow DAW automation
- AWSomation SSL motorised fader mix automation based on the heritage of G and K Series Ultimation
- Versatile 4 band channel EQ, assignable Dynamics and SSL Master Bus Compressor
- 4-Band stereo EQ design with independent E/G curve-switching of HF/LF
- 5.1 Surround monitoring and monitor calibration including Bass management
- MIDI over Ethernet multi-layer DAW workstation control
- Digital Scribble Strips for console and DAW data
- Elegant project setup via SSL Logictivity Remote Browser and SD card storage
- SSL's unique trademarked Total recall system with 'TR Autoscan'
- Responsible 'green' manufacturing and reduced power consumption
- Compact 24 fader frame ideal for small control rooms
- New Delta Control Software for DAW automation control of the AWS
- Made in UK
The SSL AWS 948, built with SSL's highly praised SuperAnalogue technology, is a 48 input analogue desk, capable of controlling up to two DAWs with the new updated Delta Control Plug-in DAW software.
Each input channel of the AWS 948 features the fabled E and G Series EQ modules, with switchable High and Low curves and fully parametric two-band mids. The mic pre-amps are, of course, SSL SuperAnalogue designs for the best distortion-free, ultra-quiet operation.
Motorised 100mm faders are standard and can be used for both audio and DAW control purposes. V-Pots are another feature of the SSL 948, their multifunctional operation keeping the work surface uncluttered and free of extraneous controls.
When operated in In-Line mode these same pots are used to deliver a second input signal at mixdown - a very neat feature of the AWS 948, since it only occupies the same space as its smaller sibling the AWS 924. Another interesting feature is the Stereo Width control for the 948 - this is available during In-Line modes where in-and-out of phase elements can be combined to alter the size of the stereo image in the monitors.
The centre section of the AWS console is where your main DAW operations are controlled from, with comprehensive routing and transport facilities, including a Transport Lock function to keep your DAWs just where you want them. All the familiar DAW functions are controlled from here. Two assignable dynamics modules let you keep your sounds in check, there is 5.1 monitoring, Total Recall and, with the addition of the great G Series Stereo Bus Compressor already on board the AWS 948, there is no project too big for a hard-working studio or production house to take on!