At a glance
- 40 input SuperAnalogue summing console
- 16 analogue line channels with two inputs per channel
- 32 x 16 x 16 'Insert Router' for up to 16 external hardware processing devices
- Stereo Aux Send and 4 x Mono Sends per channel and 4 Stereo Returns with full stereo mix bus routing
- Dual Stereo Mix Busses with summing Inserts and reassign
- Artist Monitor output with independent EQ and monitor source selection
- 'In Line' DAW monitoring with 'SuperCue' headphone mode
- Stereo or 5.1 EXT monitoring outputs with independent Main and Mini monitor control
- Stereo digital I/O (S/PDIF, AES/EBU) with SSL converter technology
- Ergonomically advanced hybrid hardware control surface
- Single button push flips control between the analogue signal path and DAW software
- Multi-layer control of up to four DAW's simultaneously
- 16 channel strips each with motorised fader and assignable rotary encoder
- Fader-linking for analogue channels
- Total Recall for analogue console controls
- A-FADA, Delta Control or MIDI Fader automation
- Heavy duty external PSU
- New Delta Control Software for DAW control of the Matrix2
The Solid State Logic Matrix 2 is a high-quality hybrid production console and DAW controller with a 40-input summing mixer, 16 channel faders and master fader, fully-featured monitor control with talkback and a powerful inbuilt insert router.
The Matrix 2 by Solid State Logic brings many innovations found in the larger Duality and AWS Consoles in a compact, ultra versatile mixing console. The software-controlled analogue patching system has been significantly upgraded offering much more flexibility and control without looking at the screen. The console interface now makes it much easier to load individual processors and allows for direct A/B comparison as well as building powerful processor chains.
The included software has also been updated for improved workflow. Now processors can be dragged and dropped on the software interface making it easier to create custom chains.
The new Delta Control Software technology found in the Duality and AWS series has now been integrated in the Matrix 2 allowing the analogue faders to be driven by the automation of your favourite DAW. Delta Control gives you the best of both worlds ensuring the channel automation to be performed in the analogue signal path but with the level of control only offered by your DAW.
The SSL Matrix 2 also comes with 5.1 surround output card pre-fitted offering smaller sized studios the possibility of mixing directly in 5.1 surround. Additional features include a new "partial TR setup save and import" function which lets you save and recall parts of the console setup as setup templates, new Preset insert matrix scenes, Preset insert naming tools, automatic dB readout for Pro Tools users and new DAW templates for Presonus Studio One and Ableton Live.