At a glance
- 3-slot desktop Thunderbolt 3 to PCIe card expansion system
- Connects up to three high-performance non-GPU PCIe cards via a Thunderbolt 3 cable to your computer lacking expansion slots.
- Pro Tools | HDX Compatible(1). HDX compatibility mode enables use of up to three Pro Tools | HDX PCIe cards with no additional parts needed.
- Broad PCIe Card Compatibility. Every Thunderbolt 3 compatible, non-GPU card supported regardless of length or height.
- Three PCIe 3.0 Slots(1). One x16 plus two x8 slots support three full-height, single-width cards, or one double-width card plus one single-width card.
- Integrated 400W power supply with 75W auxiliary power. Saves energy by powering on/off automatically with the computer.
- Dual temperature-controlled, variable-speed Noctua fans rated at 17dBA automatically and quietly cool the cards.
- 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Interface. Offers 2750 MB/s of PCIe bandwidth for the installed cards(1).
- Two Thunderbolt 3 Ports. One port connects to computer; second port supports daisy-chaining of up to five additional Thunderbolt peripheral devices.
- Rugged Aluminum Housing provides robust and secure protection.
The Sonnet Echo III Desktop is a professional desktop 3-slot Thunderbolt 3 to PCIe expansion chassis allowing the user to add up to 3 PCIe cards.
The Sonnet Echo III Desktop uses the high performance of Thunderbolt 3 to connect up to additional PCIe peripherals such as graphics card, DSP cards, SSD, Networking and more. Every type of Thunderbolt 3-compatible cards including non-GPU PCIe 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 as well as audio DSP, 6Gb/12Gb SAS and SATA host, SSD storage and more.
Avid Pro Tools Qualified
HDX users will also benefit from the HDX mode which instantly optimises the system to accommodate up to three Pro Tools HDX PCIe cards. Furthermore, the chassis has been tested and qualified by Avid for use with Pro Tools HD 2020 and Pro Tools HDX and HD Native systems.
Powerful and Flexible Solution
The Echo III Desktop has one x16 and two x8 PCIe slots ensuring support for a wide range of cards used simultaneously. Power-hungry cards are also easily managed thanks to the integrated 400W power supply and 75W auxiliary power connector for non-GPU cards.
The unit powers on or off automatically with your computer and as a result does not include a power switch.
Dual Nocta fans, ensure ultra-quiet operation rated at 17.1dBA and below the 20dBa ceiling recommended for use in recording and broadcast studios. Furthermore, these fans spread the spectrum of the noise it emits to avoid build-up at single frequencies. These fans are temperature-controlled to ensure efficient cooling of the system.
Thunderbolt 3 for faster operations
Using a 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 interface ensures speed of up to 2750MB/s of PCIe bandwidth, enough to support 4K video capture at high frame rates as well as multiple audio DSPs, 25GbE and dual-port 10GBE network cards at full performance.
The Thunderbolt 3 protocol also lets you daisy chain five additional peripherals such as Audio interfaces, DSP cards, including one 5K display or two 4K displays.
Thunderbolt 3 protocol also provides 15W of power for bus-powered devices and is backwards-compatible with previous generations of Thunderbolt.