Provides simultaneous digital surround and stereo recordings for large broadcast events in stadiums or concert halls.
The Soundfield DSF-2 MkII Microphone System provides simultaneous digital surround and stereo recordings for large broadcast events in stadiums or concert halls.
The Soundfield DSF-2 system includes a microphone and microphone controller. Using a phase coherent point source signal allows broadcasters to collapse the surround signal to stereo or mono without loss of information and frequency imbalance caused by spaced microphones or dummy heads.
The DSF-2 controller provides Stereo, mid-side and four-channel B-format which can be decoded into any surround format by using Soundfield’s DSF-3 or Surround Zone software plug-in. The controller also provides controls of all microphone parameters remotely including orientation, angle, pickup pattern and a unique Mic Rotate control
The Soundfield DSF-2 MkII The Soundfield DSF-2 MKII Main Features:
- Mic gain control
- Analogue Limiter to catch crowd ‘peaks’ without harsh digital clipping
- 26 segment LED metering of B-Format, or stereo and M/S
- Stereo Controls: variable polar pattern, stereo width and Hi-pass filter
- Headphone jack for monitoring
- Capable of driving a mic cable of up to 250m in length
- Connection to coaxial cables of up to 1km long (digital o/p)