The Spectra 1964 STX 500 is an EQ extension module for the STX100 500 series mic preamp and is a modern recreation of the legendary Model 500 2-band passive Equaliser.
The Spectra 1964 STX 500 boasts four frequencies per band and provide up to 12dB of boost and cut in 2dB increments. Each band offers a bypass option. Frequencies in the high band are 2.5kHz, 5kHz, 10kHz and 15kHz while the low frequencies centre at 50Hz, 100Hz, 200Hz and 300Hz.
Although designed to fit a 500 series chassis the STX500 can only be connected to the STX100 and does not have a VPR edge connector. As a result it cannot be used in standalone configuration. When paired with the STX100, the STX 500 becomes the active feedback element of the STX100 amp virtually introducing zero distortion when cutting or boosting.
Spectra 1964 STX 500 Main Features:
- EQ Expansion Module for the STX100 mic preamp
- faithful recreation of the legendary Model 500 2-band passive EQ
- 12dB Cut/boost per band in 2dB increments
- HF Frequencies: 2.5kHz, 5kHz, 10kHz and 15kHz
- LF Frequencies: 50Hz, 100Hz, 200Hz, 300Hz
- Bypass for each band.
- Introduces zero distortion when cutting or boosting
- Expansion module only (cannot be used on its own)