16x2 analogue summing mixer with 16 insert points designed to integrate analogue outboard into a DAW-based studio.
The SPL MixDream is a 16x2 analogue summing mixer with 16 insert points designed to integrate analogue outboard into a DAW-based studio.
The SPL MixDream provides high-quality analogue summing thanks to its discrete Class A technology and 60-volt rail circuitry which deliver outstanding performance with a dynamic range of over 125dB and an extremely low noise level of -97dBu.
In addition to the 16-channels the MixDream includes a dual channel peak limiter and transparent stereo expander to add further depth to your mix and prevent unwanted clipping before summing. A master insert point also allows you to connect additional processing (EQ, compression) to the summed signal.
The MixDream is expandable with several mixdreams linked together and can also provide surround summing when 3 units or more are linked together.
SPL MixDream Summing Mixer Main Features:
- High-grade analog summing on just 2U rack space
- Sophisticated, active Class A/60V stages for analog summing in the quality of the best consoles
- 16 balanced inserts allow for integrated analog effects with individual and overall hard bypass relays
- Reduction of A/D conversions
- Channel adjustments and automation (level, panorama etc.) remain controlled from the DAW so the user loses no digital efficiency
- Lower DAW processor utilization rates
- The most efficient possible re-sampling of individual tracks with latency free monitoring
- Surround capable (from up to 3 MixDream units)
- Channel capacity expandable through linked units
- Sensitive and transparent stereo expansion control
- Analog peak limiter for impressive loudness
- Master inserts and switchable output transformers from Lundahl
- Optimized signal pathes, all switching functions via relays
- Proprietary differential amplifiers for each input
- Discrete, exceptionally low-noise power supply
- Made in Germany