One-point stereo and 5.1 volume control, source and speaker management
The SPL Surround Monitor Controller (SMC) is a one-point analog volume control and switching matrix for system-independent 5.1 surround and stereo monitoring for essentially any audio application:
- Surround and stereo production
- DVD-V, DVD-A, SACD and DTS authoring
- Film and video postproduction
- Video and game production
- A/V and multimedia production
- Audiophile home entertainment systems
The advantages of the SMC become especially apparent in combination with modern audio and video production tools such as ProTools‚Ñ¢, Nuendo‚Ñ¢, Cubase‚Ñ¢, Logic‚Ñ¢, Deck‚Ñ¢ etc.
One of the SMC's biggest advantages is the possibility to manage several input sources, i. e. for comparing and monitoring SACD or DVD material.