At a glance
- Highly portable synthesizer, sampler and drum synth
- Integrated USB-C audio interface
- Four-track, 32-bit stereo tape recorder
- Deep stereo sampling engine with zoom-in function
- Unique ‘tape’ recording – up to eight tapes in total
- Stereo drum machine with dbox drum synth for creating sounds from scratch
- Seven sequencer including arpeggio
- Eight stereo effects (can also be applied to master output)
- Built-in speaker with improved bass performance
- FM radio receiver and transmitter – sample sounds from the radio
- Accelrometer and gyroscope
- MIDI over Bluetooth LE
- 24-hour rechargeable battery
The Teenage Engineering OP-1 Field is a powerful update to the highly popular OP-1 portable synthesizer with over 100 new features including a thinner body, MIDI over Bluetooth, USB-C, a new and improved speaker system and additional synth and FX engines.
Reworked and Refined
The Teenage Engineering OP-1 Field takes on where the previous iteration left off and updates it with the latest technology to offer the highest technology. It now includes a new stereo sample engine and true stereo throughout the entire signal chain.
The OP-1 Field now includes a new four-track recording with new recording formats: Studio 4-track, Vintage 4-track, Porta and Disc Mini. Each four-track also includes up to 8 tapes or discs characteristics.
New, Thinner Body
In addition to the feature set, the OP-1 Field sees a new physical redesign, including a thinner and lighter body. Despite the thinner body, the OP-1 field features a greatly improved battery now offering operations up to 24 hours and a dual 2.4GHz antenna system for wireless connectivity to other devices such as the OP-Z and TX-6.
At the back are two velcro rings that can be used to attach the OP-1 field atop other synths or on a guitar, or attach covers and accessories. the back panel also includes an additional passive loudspeaker that greatly increases the bass response.
Part of the Field System
The OP-1 Field is the second product in Teenage Engineering's new field ecosystem that includes the TX-6 portable mixer. Compatible with both iOS, macOS et Windows, the field eco-system offers an incredibly powerful, portable and battery-powered recording and music creation system.