The TK Audio SP501 is a versatile, high-gain Class A 500 series Mic preamp offering a choice of tonal colouration with selectable output stages and Germanium stage.
The TK Audio SP501 boasts Lundahl (input) and Carnhill (output) transformers and features two selectable output stages, ranging from airy and transparent (electronically balanced) and huge sounding “Iron” (transformer balanced and discrete Class A). Furthermore a Germanium stage is also provided for additional harmonics enhancement.
This flexible 500 series mic preamp offers a control for the gain and output stages allowing you to precisely set the desired amount of colouration (if any). Furthermore is also features variable HPF filter ranging from 30Hz to 400Hz, Polarity reversal and phantom power.
TK Audio SP501 Main Features:
- High-gain, transformer-balanced Class A mic preamp
- Lundahl input transformer
- Selectable germanium stage for additional harmonic enhancement
- Input Gain and Output level controls
- Sweepable (30-400Hz) highpass filter
- Hi-Z instrument input
- Selectable output stages: electronically balanced, or discrete Class A with Carnhill transformer
- Switchable 48V phantom power
- Requires compatible 500 Series chassis