At a glance
- Large-diaphragm tube studio condenser mic, handmade at the UA Custom Shop in Santa Cruz, California
- Iconic, "golden unit" mic sounds with modern enhancements by David Bock
- Switchable omnidirectional, cardioid, and Figure-8 polar patterns
- German-made CK12 capsule and Cinemag transformer
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz - 18 kHz, ± 2 dB
- Max SPL: 118 dB SPL, 1% THD
- NOS ECC85 tube
- Requires included UA Bock 251 PSU true linear power supply
- Premium vintage-style suitcase
The Universal Audio Bock 251 is a top-of-the-line large-diaphragm tube condenser microphone that boasts the legendary smooth and open sound of the iconic ELAM 251. Widely regarded as one of the greatest vocal microphones ever made, the UA Bock 251 is handcrafted perfectly in Santa Cruz, California by world-renowned mic designer David Bock himself.
The Universal Audio Bock 251 features a German-made CK12 capsule and large output transformer that deliver exceptional extended low-frequency response down to 10 Hz and higher SPL capabilities than vintage 251 microphones. These features result from David Bock's interpretation of the classic 251 microphones, which he developed during his two decades of experience as a chief technical engineer in the world's leading recording studios. Bock has lovingly crafted the UA Bock 251 to ensure it lives up to the highest standards of microphone technology.
Each UA Bock 251 microphone is hand-wired using premium components, built, and tested to David Bock's exacting standards. The mic's vintage-inspired case, robust shock mount, and accessories reflect the no-expense-spared approach to durability and longevity that ensures the UA Bock 251 will last a lifetime. For professionals seeking the very best in microphone technology, the UA Bock 251 is the ultimate choice.