At a glance
- Flagship eight-processor DSP Accelerator Card (PCIe format) for UAD Powered Plug-Ins on Mac and PC
- Ideal for professional power-users running demanding projects w/ high plug-in instances and/or high sample rates
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Digital Performer and more
- Includes “Analog Classics Plus” plug-in bundle, featuring LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A, and Realverb Pro plug-ins
- Can be combined with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s), UAD-2 Satellite, and Apollo audio interfaces
- Also available as UAD-2 OCTO Custom and UAD-2 OCTO Ultimate packages
The UAD-2 OCTO Core DSP Accelerator is Universal Audio’s most powerful PCIe processing card, giving producers and engineers massive power for running award-winning UAD plug-ins on Mac or PC.
The UAD-2 OCTO Core features eight SHARC processors, and easily installs into a PCIe-equipped desktop computer or compatible expansion chassis, giving your Mac or PC a significant boost in audio quality and mix processing power.
With over 90 plug-in emulations available through the UAD online store, the UAD-2 platform is one of the most comprehensive DSP platform giving you all the tools to shape your tone, from rare mic pres, eq and compressors to vintage reverbs and tape machines. Everything you need to get your mixes to the next level.
Best Emulations of Analogue Equipment
In creating UAD-2 plug-ins, UA's DSP engineers work with the original hardware manufacturers - using their exact schematics, golden units, and experienced ears - to create fully authenticated plug-ins with all the warmth and harmonics of classic analogue equipment.
Using thorough physical modelling of the best audio hardware, Universal Audio recreates the exact behaviour of analogue hardware including little quirks that give these units their personality.
Fully Mac- and Windows-compatible, with support for VST, Audio Units, AAX and RTAS, the UAD-2 OCTO Core is easy to use. Just install the software, install the PCIe card, and start mixing with some of the world’s finest audio plug-ins.