At a glance
- A special edition of UA's acclaimed Apollo Twin X interface —with a premium suite of 5 award-winning plug-in titles from Teletronix,®Pultec,®and UA—a $1,300 value
- Elite-class A/D and D/A conversion derived from the Apollo X rackmount interfaces
- 2 Unison mic preamps offer stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based mic preamps and guitar amps
- UAD DUO Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency
- Produce with LUNA Recording System —a fully-integrated recording application made for Apollo (Mac only)
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, AU, and AAX 64 formats in all major DAWs
- Compatible with Logic Pro, Pro Tools, Cubase, Ableton Live, and more
- Front-panel Unison-enabled Hi-Z instrument input and headphone out
- Built-in Talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Dedicated monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via optical ADAT/SPDIF input
- Also includes “Realtime Analog Classics” UAD plug-in bundle featuring UA 610-B Tube Preamp Legacy Pultec EQ, LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Marshall Plexi Classic, Ampeg SVT-VR Classic, and more
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support —on the phone and online—from knowledgeable audio engineers
The Universal Audio Apollo X4 Heritage Edition is a special edition of the Apollo X4 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface that includes a suite of 5 award-winning UAD plug-ins.
The Universal Audio Apollo X4 is a desktop 12x18 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface with four Unison-ready mic preamps, Quad-Core UAD plug-in processing, and the same world-class AD/DA conversion as the Apollo X range.
The Heritage Edition includes some of Universal Audio’s most popular plugin emulations including collections from Teletronix, Pultec and Universal Audio.
An Outstanding Thunderbolt Audio Interface
The Apollo X4 also includes Universal Audio’s latest A/D and D/A conversion, offering world-class conversion with 127dB dynamic range and -117 dB THD+Noise, giving this interface a spacious sound.
Unison Mic Preamps
Apollo X4 includes four Unison Mic preamps, giving you the opportunity to track through exact emulations of Neve, Helios, API, Manley, Universal Audio and more, replicating not only the tone of these legendary mic preamps but also their input impedance, gain stage and circuit behaviour. Furthermore, Unison mic preamps let you track with near-zero latency for an authentic experience.
In addition to the four mic preamps are two Hi-Z instrument inputs to provide the same impedance and gain matching for guitar and bass amp modelling from Fender, Marshall, Ampeg and more.
Thanks to the power of UAD-2 Quad-Core processing and Realtime UAD processing power, the X4 gives you access to a wide range of world-class tones and tools for recording and mixing including authentic plug-ins from Neve, Manley, Studer, Helios, API, Lexicon, Fender and many more.
Thoughtfully placed next to the converters, the DSP processors let users record through UAD plug-ins at near-zero latency. It’s like recording through some of the best hardware.
Build a Scalable Recording System over Thunderbolt
In addition to the four Unison inputs, the Apollo X4 boasts two independent headphone outputs as well as optical ADAT/SPDIF I/O, dedicated monitor remote controls and a built-in Talkback Microphone for a total of 12 inputs and 18 outputs.
It is also scalable, letting you combine up to four Thunderbolt Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices. This allows you to grow your system as your needs grow. In this configuration, the Apollo X4 becomes a monitor control of your entire Apollo system with additional I/O and DSP power.
A Complete Recording System with LUNA
Apollo interfaces are compatible with any DAW offering low-latency recording via their Console interface.
Used in combination with the LUNA Recording Software, the Apollo X series become a powerful and complete integrated recording system with the benefits of a flexible workstation and seamless integration of hardware and software.
LUNA’s Accelerated Real-time Monitoring allows users to record and mix with near-zero latency without leaving its convenient one window workflow with unlimited track counts.
The free version of LUNA gives you everything you need to record and mix with your Apollo interface but additional extensions can be used to create even more powerful recording systems to provide in-the-box analogue tones with Tapes and Summing extensions as well as stunning virtual instruments.
LUNA is compatible with Audio Units ensuring compatibility with your existing plugins arsenal and virtual instruments.
Heritage Edition Collection
Included with the audio interface is the Realtime Analog Classics Plus which gives you the following Plugins:
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
- Fairchild 670 Compressor (Legacy)
- Precision Enhancer Hz
- Raw Distortion
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
The Heritage Edition also comes with additional plugins worth a total of $1300 which include:
- UA 1176 Classic Limiter Collection
- Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection
- Pultec Passive EQ Collection
- UA 610 Tube Preamp & EQ Collection
- Pure Plate Reverb