At a glance
- Dynamic studio vocal microphone with low cut and articulation boost
- Cardioid polar pattern rejects off‑axis sounds and room noise
- Flat frequency response (50 Hz–16 kHz) for natural‑sounding recordings
- Shape vocals and instruments with SD‑1 Apollo Channel Strip Presets
- Internal shockmount reduces low‑end rumble and mechanical noise
- Rear-mounted XLR jack for easy cable management
- Built-in windscreen reduces plosives and breath noise
- Quality UA craftsmanship and stylish, rugged build
The Universal Audio SD-1 Standard Dynamic is a dynamic microphone for vocals, instruments, podcasts, and live streams designed to provide polished studio quality.
The Universal Audio SD-1 Standard Dynamic is designed for close-miked applications and rejects background noises such as fan or loud music. It boasts two filter controls, one to activate the high-pass filter and reduce unwanted proximity effect or general rumble, and the second to add presence, ideal to make vocals more present.
Apollo audio interfaces users will also benefit from a great selection of mic presets to get a truly professional sound at the recording stage, including presets for vocals, guitars and broadcast.