The Warm Audio WA-47 is an all vacuum tube large diaphragm condenser microphones reminiscent of the legendary U47 microphone and features similar transformer balanced and multi-pattern design.
The Warm Audio WA-47 is the result of careful research and development. Engineers at Warm Audio have compared two vintage U47 and used them as the benchmark for their own WA-47 with the aim to make it indistinguishable from the originals.
At its core, the WA-47 boasts a custom reproduction of the vintage K47 capsule designed in Austria with the same hole pattern and frequency response. Then comes a JJ Slovak JJ5751 vacuum tube made which offers lower gain and lower noise tube, forcing more of the capsule and TAB Funkenwerk transformer sound while offering a smooth and vintage tone.
The external power supply provides the clean current required to power the microphone and gives access to the nine polar patterns. The WA-47 connects to the power supply via a dedicated 7-pin XLR cable designed by Gotham Audio which helps preserve all the top end presence and overall size of the recorded image.
Warm Audio WA-47 Main Features:
- Custom true '47 capsule reproduction (k47 style) - Model# WA-47-B-80v
- Capsule makeup: Gold sputtered, dual large diaphragm, single backplate, 6 microns NOS mylar (PET film)
- TAB-Funkenwerk (AMI) USA output transformer
- JJ Slovak 5751 vacuum tube
- Gotham 5 meter GAC-7, 7-pin tube microphone cable
- Wima, Solen French, and Polystyrene capacitors
- Polar Patterns: 9 patterns - Cardioid, Omni, figure-of-eight + 6 mixed patterns
- Self-noise: 11dBA
- Dynamic range: 130dBA
- Maximum SPL: 140dB (<0.5% THD)
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz~20 kHz
- Output Impedance: 200 ohms
- Rated Load Impedance: ≥2kOhms
- S/N Ratio: 82dBA
- Equivalent Noise: 10dBA (IEC651)
- External IEC grounded PSU
- Includes: Microphone, Wood box, PSU, Shockmount, Gotham 7 pin GAC-7 cable, IEC power cable
- Total Weight - 9 lbs
- Mic Diameter: 90mm
- Mic Length: 254mm