At a glance
- Large-diaphragm studio condenser microphone
- Faithful re-creation of the classic ’67-style pentode tube circuit
- EF86 pentode tube for creamy smooth clarity and brilliance
- Custom large-core Swedish Lundahl transformer
- Custom all-brass large K67-style vintage capsule re-creation
- Gold-sputtered Mylar diaphragm, 6-microns thick
- High-bandwidth polystyrene capacitors
- Boutique capacitors from Wima and Solen
- Nickel-plated brass microphone body and head basket for ultimate acoustic performance
- Premium Swiss Gotham 7-pin tube cable
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid, Omni, Figure-of-Eight
- Microphone ships with: woodbox, shock mount, hard-mount, power supply,7-pin mic cable
The Warm Audio WA-67 is a large-diaphragm studio condenser based on the legendary U67 valve microphone with switchable polar patterns K67-style capsule, EF-86 tube and a large core Lundahl transformer.
The Warm Audio WA-67 faithfully recreates the sound and characteristics of its highly-sought-after predecessor. The smooth and creamy tone can be heard on countless classics from the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Nirvana and more.
It is also a very versatile microphone that will excel in most applications including, vocals, electric and acoustic guitars, drum toms and overheads, piano, strings, brass...
Only the best
In designing the WA-67, Warm Audio has spared no efforts to deliver the closest recreation spending considerable time in research and development to recreate the discrete circuit of the original microphone.
Using boutique, top-shelf components throughout this valve microphone delivers the same sound and vibe as the original at a fraction of the price.
Custom K-67 style capsule
To capture the true sound of the original, Warm audio went to great lengths to recreate the capsule. Every detail has been looked at from the all-brass capsule and mounting rings to the hole pattern.
The result is a capsule that performs exactly the same way and has the same frequency response as the original as well as providing the exact character of the original.
Inside the mic
Another crucial element is the use of EF86 tubes, known for their ability to bring pleasing character to audio sources and an important reason that made the original so popular.
Furthermore, the WA67 only uses high-quality components such as high-bandwidth polystyrene capacitors, Wima polypropylene caps and a large output capacitor by Solen.
A Lundahl large-core transformer imparts a rich, buttery smooth high-frequency response as well as a full-bodied, three-dimensional sound.
The nickel-plated brass body and head basket bring the final touches adding strength and additional shielding for superior audio performance.
The microphone comes with a high-quality Gotham audio 7-pin XLR cable to connect the valve microphone to the provided power supply. As it brings both audio and voltage from the tube, the quality of the cable plays an integral part in how the microphone performs. Also included are a shock mount, hard-mount, power supply and a wooden box to protect the microphone.