Recreation of the legendary U47 FET large-diaphragm condenser microphone capturing the same uncompromising and detailed sound.
At a glance
- Custom Edge Terminated, All-Brass Vintage CK12-Style Capsule
- Custom TAB-Funkenwerk (AMI) USA output transformer
- Premium 12AY7 Vacuum Tube
- Premium Capacitors
- Polar Patterns: 9 Patterns - Cardioid, Omnidirectional, Figure-8, + 6 additional mixed patterns
- Self-noise: 11dBA
- Maximum SPL: 149dB (<0.5% THD)
- Frequency Range: 30 Hz~20 kHz
- Output Impedance: 200 ohms
- Rated Load Impedance: ≥1kOhms
- S/N Ratio: 73 dBA
- Equivalent Noise: 32dBA (IEC651)
- Total Weight - 17 Lbs
- Mic Dimensions: 11 ⅝” x 2” (29.5cm x 5cm)
- Included Accessories: Custom Tweed Carrying Case, External IEC Grounded PSU, IEC Power Cable, Premium Gotham 5 Meter 7-Pin Tube Microphone Cable, Wood Microphone Box, Shockmount
The Warm Audio WA-CX12 is a Tube Large-diaphragm condenser microphone based on the legendary AKG C12 producing the same balanced and natural sound.
The Warm Audio WA-CX12 is the result of detailed R&D in order to accurately recreate the sound profile of the original. At its heart, the WA-CX12 uses an all-brass, edge-terminated CK12-type capsule that offers a choice of 9 different polar patterns including the typical Omni, Cardioid and Figure-of-eight, as well as six intermediate patterns.
The capsule is followed by a premium 12AY7 vacuum tube for additional warmth and a custom TAB-Funkenwerk (AMI) output transformer that gives the microphone a full, wide and open sound. Furthermore, premium capacitors are employed throughout as well as a no-solder mask board which provides the lowest noise possible.
The sonic signature is identical to the original with the same midrange clarity and smooth high end that suits vocals, room sounds and pianos so well.
The WA-CX12 ships with a dedicated external IEC grounded PSU, a premium Gotham 5 meter 7-pin XLR cable, a wooden box and shockmount all housed in a custom tweed carrying case.