The Warm Audio WA273-EQ is a dual channel mic preamp and EQ inspired by the legendary Neve 1073. It captures to perfection the vintage British tone and unique sonic signature of its revered predecessor.
The Warm Audio WA273-EQ is the result of many years of R&D and engineering. Versatile, it offers incredible performance in the studio or in live context and works equally well with all types of microphones (condenser, ribbon or dynamic). This boutique mic pre really shines on all sources, from vocals to guitars, bass and drums, keyboards and full orchestras.
The WA273-EQ delivers up to 80dB of gain and features fully discrete custom Carnhill transformers, designed to recreate the sweet saturation and vintage tone of the original vintage transformers. Warm Audio also used tantalum and polystyrene capacitors in the signal path to ensure smoother performance at high gain settings.
Hand built and assembled in the US, the Warm Audio WA273-EQ has maintained the integrity of early British designs by including UK Blore Edwards Switch-Pots.
The Warm Audio WA273-EQ Main Features:
- Dual Channel, Class A, '73-style British Microphone Preamp with EQ
- UK made Carnhill Transformers
- UK made - Blore Edwards EQ dual-concentric switch potentiometers
- Hand Wired, hand assembled
- 80dB of gain - resistor stepped gain switch
- Fully discrete
- TONE button - Changes input transformer impedance for varying tone
- Polarity switch
- 48v phantom power
- Inductor based 3 band EQ
- Low Band Boost/Cut - 35, 60, 110, 220 Hz
- Mid Band Boost/Cut - 360, 700, 1600, 3200, 4800, 7200 Hz
- High Band Boost/Cut - 10, 12, 16 kHz
- Additional high band frequency EQ points added (compared to vintage 1073)
- 4 position inductor based hipass filter - 50, 80, 160, 300 Hz
- XLR mic inputs (front & back)
- Line level TRS input
- TS Send/Receive insert jacks
- XLR & TRS line level outputs
- Direct In, instrument input
- Output control
- Led level indication
- Freq response 20Hz - 20kHz +/-.5 dB
- 19" rackable
- Internal IEC 115v/230v power inlet