The Warm Audio WA412 is a four-channel mic preamp based on an American console preamps housed in a 1 rack unit.
The Warm Audio WA412 provides the classic sound of Rock N' Roll with fat-sounding and punchy low end and a smooth and open top end. It features fully discrete-socketed 6-pin Op-amps and custom wound Altran input and output transformers delivering world-class tone.
Each channel uses fully socketed 6-pin op-amps, which are known for their high-headroom and low-distortion characteristics akin to the console that inspired the WA412. Furthermore, the Op-amps are swappable with other op-amps if desired. Warm Audio has worked with Altran to develop transformers to extend low-frequency response. The transformers use a vintage winding technique, which impart a distinct smooth and open character.
The WA-412 is a workhorse preamp that will perform solidly and reliably for all working engineers who need to get on with the job.
Warm Audio WA412 Four-channel mic preamp overview:
- 4 Channel Microphone Preamplifier + Instrument DI.
- Fully discrete, transformer coupled, through-hole component topology.
- Altran USA custom wound, premium input and output transformers.
- X520 discrete op-amp in every channel, socketed for convenience. Can be user-replaced with most six pin, discrete op-amps for varying flavour & tone.
- 65db of gain.
- Inputs - Microphone XLR & Active Instrument 2Meg ohm HI-Z.
- Outputs - Transformer balanced XLR & TRS.
- TONE button – Input impedance switches from 600 ohms to 150 ohms (affects the tone of both the mic and HI-Z inputs).
- -20db pad - pads both mic and instrument DI inputs.
- +48 volt phantom power.
- LED metering.
- Output trim knob for precise level control and tone sculpting.
- Internal power supply (grounded, three-pin IEC cord).