At a glance
- True to the Classic 1176 compressor in design and performance
- Completely discrete signal path
- Modelled after the D revision
- Utilizes USA-made CINEMAG input and output transformers
- Supports the famous "all buttons in" ratio setting
- Ultra-fast attack time
- Class A line level output amplifier
- Input impedance - 600 ohms, bridges-T control (floating)
- Frequency Response ± 1 dB 20 Hz to 20kHz
- XLR and TRS inputs. XLR and TRS outputs
- 55db of gain
- Less than 0.4% total harmonic distortion from 50 Hz to 20 kHz with limiting
- Signal-to-noise ratio is greater than 74 dB at +25 dBm
- EIN -104.1 dbm
- Attack time, 20 microseconds to 800 microseconds
- Release time, 50 milliseconds to 1 second
- Meter provides dB gain reduction and dB output
- Internal power supply, external 24v AC power transformer
- 19" Rackmount chassis, 2U
The Warm Audio WA76 is a modern recreation of the legendary 1176 FET limiting amplifier.
The Warm Audio WA76 has based its recreation on the 1176 revision D and has remained faithful to the original designs and performance. Housed in a black 2U chassis, the Warm Audio uses a completely discrete signal path and the same Cinemag input and output transformers that were used in the original units when Cinemag was known as Reichenbach Engineering.
One feature that made 1176 so popular was its ability to press all ratio buttons all at once, changing not only the ratio of the compressor but also its attack and release settings. This is perfectly recreated here, delivering the same over-the-top compression and texture produced by the original units.