At a glance
- Microphone Type: large condenser studio microphone.
- Based on the classic “87-style” circuit.
- Microphone includes shock mount, hard-mount and wood box.
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid, figure of eight, and omnidirectional.
- Capsule: Lens Kondensator LK-87-B-50V reproduction of classic dual backplate (four wire termination) K87 capsule.
- Diaphragm: 6-micron thickness, 1-inch diameter, gold sputtered membrane, NOS Japanese mylar (PET film).
- Output Transformer: CineMag USA.
- Frequency Response: 20hz - 20khz.
- SPL: .5% THD @ 125db (without pad),132db (with pad).
- Pad: -10db.
- Output: 150 ohms, 24k gold plated, 3 pin XLR (pin 1 = gnd, pin 2 = +, pin 3 = -), transformer coupled via Cinemag USA output transformer.
- High Pass Filter: 80hz.
- Noise: -117db.
- Colour: nickel (painted).
The Warm Audio WA87 R2 is a large condenser microphone based on early U87 microphones, delivering the warm tone of this iconic microphone at a surprisingly affordable price.
The Warm Audio WA87 R2 boasts all discrete premium components including NOS Fairchild FETs, tantalum polystyrene, WIMA film capacitors and a Cinemag output transformer. The capsule is a Lens Kondensator custom reproduction of the K-87 capsule found on the original classic microphones.