Stereo 500 Series analogue mixbus compressor with advanced digital controls, A/B functionality, Mx knob for parallel processing and more.
At a glance
- All-analogue signal path with +24dBu of headroom for stellar sound quality
- Mix knob makes parallel compression techniques simple
- Switchable THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) adds analogue saturation to your signal
- Switchable side chain filters for fine-tuning how the compressor reacts to bass frequencies
- 4 switchable ratio settings range from gentle to heavy compression
- Compatible with any WesAudio NG500 chassis and many standard 500 series racks
- Full session recall and support for DAW automation when loaded in an NG500-compatible chassis like TITAN, or via USB connection
- 3 touch-sensitive encoders (Threshold, Mix, Make-Up) allow you to draw automation into your DAW
- True bypass completely removes the circuit from your signal path
The WesAudio Dione is a stereo 500 Series analogue mixbus compressor with advanced digital controls, A/B functionality, Mx knob for parallel processing and more.
The WesAudio Dione is a VCA compressor using four THAT 2181 VCA chips, two in the signal chain and two in the sidechain detection circuit. it delivers +24dBu of headroom. Design primarily for mixbus duties It offers compression ratios ranging between 1.5:1 all the way to 10:1 and excels at glueing stereo mixes or smashing drum overheads and more. The Mix control is also extremely useful for parallel compression techniques while the included selectable side-chain filters help tune the responsiveness of the compressor.
While the signal treatment is 100% analogue, the Dione offers the perfect integration with DAWs thanks to the digital controls, allowing for precise controls and full recall compatibilities. A USB port allows a connection between a PC and Mac to take care of automation and plug-in controls. Users of NG-500 compatible racks such as the WesAudio Titan can do away with unnecessary clutter made by the USB cables.
The Dione is incredibly versatile offering a wide range of tones ranging from small transparent compression to heavy-handed compression. To enhance the sound further, a THD button increases the amount of harmonic distortion with control over the frequency range (Medium or Highs)