At a glance
- All-analogue signal path with +24dBu of headroom for stellar sound quality
- Mix knob makes parallel compression techniques simple
- Switchable THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) adds analog saturation to your signal
- Switchable sidechain filters for fine-tuning how the compressor reacts to bass frequencies
- Vari-mu-style compression; use Input and Threshold controls to dial in the right amount of compression
- Compatible with any WesAudio NG500 chassis and many standard 500 series racks
- Full session recall and support for DAW automation when loaded in an NG500-compatible chassis like TITAN, or via USB connection
- Touch-sensitive encoders (Threshold, Mix, Output) allow you to draw automation into your DAW
- Interstage Carnhill transformers maintain top-notch sound quality throughout the entire signal chain
The WesAudio Rhea is a dual-channel 500 Series Tube compressor inspired by vintage compressors and includes advanced digital controls, A/B functionality, Mid/Side mode processing and more.
The WesAudio Rhea offers an impressive +24dBu of headroom making it suitable of mixbuss and mastering applications. It provides a warm, classic sound that can be pushed even further thanks to the THD control which adds additional harmonic distortion. Two flavours are on offer, switching between medium and high frequency focused saturation.
While the signal path is 100% analogue, the Rhea makes use of digital controls, offering ultimate precision as well as easy recall. Connected to USB or through an NG500 compatible chassis, the Rhea can also be controlled directly from the DAW via the included plugin that works as VST, AU, RTAS and AAX. The Plugin allows for automation controls as well as controls over the individual channels.