Limited edition 500-series 10-band EQ that blends vintage design with contemporary precision. Renowned for its unique curve shaping and wide compatibility, it features enhanced resolution, API's exclusive 2520 Op Amp, and a "Proportional Q" design for superior sound quality and control. Durable and compact, this EQ is celebrated for delivering the classic API sound, ideal for professionals and enthusiasts desiring a top-tier, user-friendly sound-shaping tool.
At a glance
- Unique design from the '60s and '70s with unparalleled curve-shaping capabilities.
- Quick and precise adjustment with accurate zero detents.
- Broad compatibility with 500 series mounting options.
- Enhanced resolution in the ±4 dB range in the current production model.
- Incorporates API's exclusive circuitry and the API 2520 Op Amp.
- Exceptional headroom for consistent analogue performance under extreme EQ curves.
- Optimal low-frequency reproduction and tight imaging with API's custom output transformers.
- Ten precision EQ bands for ideal signal refinement and room tuning.
- Features API's unique "Proportional Q" design for intuitive bandwidth adjustments.
- Symmetrical boost and cut characteristics for easy reversibility of adjustments.
- Known for reliability, durability, and the iconic API sound.
- Compact and easy-to-use graphic EQ encapsulating the sound of classic American
The API 560 Special Edition is a limited 500-series 10-band EQ, a testament to timeless design and enduring quality. Originating from the iconic API consoles of the '60s and '70s, this device is engineered to execute tasks that no other EQ can match. It sets itself apart with swift adjustability, unparalleled curve-shaping potential, and a range of mounting options suited for every critical performance setting.
Revolutionary Design and Compatibility
The API 560 Special Edition is a unique device conceived during the golden era of API consoles in the '60s and '70s, standing out for its unmatched curve-shaping capabilities. Its wide compatibility with 500 series mounting options, encompassing everything from racks to consoles, makes it a versatile asset in any setup.
Enhanced Performance and Authenticity
The essence of the original API 560 EQ is preserved in this special edition, with significant enhancements, including improved resolution in the ±4 dB range in the current production. It also boasts API's exclusive circuitry and proprietary components, prominently featuring the API 2520 Op Amp, ensuring a blend of authenticity and modern precision.
Unmatched Sound Quality
The extraordinary headroom provided by the 2520 Op Amp guarantees consistent analog performance, even when subjected to extreme EQ curves. When paired with API's custom output transformers, known for their prowess in handling low impedance loads, the result is an audio experience characterized by enhanced low-frequency reproduction, tighter imaging, and the legendary API "punch in your gut" sound.
Precision and Control
With ten precision EQ bands, the 560 is unparalleled in its ability to refine signals and adjust room acoustics. The inclusion of API's innovative "Proportional Q" design allows for intuitive bandwidth adjustments, widening the filter at lower boost/cut levels and narrowing it at higher settings. This feature, coupled with the symmetrical boost and cut characteristics, provides control and flexibility that allows for precise sound shaping and easy reversal of adjustments if necessary.
Durability and Iconic API Sound
The API 560 EQ is known for its reliability and durability and for delivering that distinct API sound with precision and ease. Its compact design houses powerful filtering capabilities and substantial headroom, making it an ideal choice for those seeking the essence of classic American music in a user-friendly graphic EQ package.
The API 560 Special Edition is a testament to timeless design, marrying the historic allure of the original API 560 EQ with modern enhancements and unrivalled sound quality, making it a coveted piece for aficionados of the classic American music sound and professional audio engineers alike.