At a glance
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz +/- 0.5dB
- -3dB at 5Hz and 65kHz
- THD: less than 0.07%
- Signal to Noise Radio: better than 80dB
- Pulse Width Modulation Compression as employed in the D.W. Fearn VT-7
- Transformer Coupled Input and Output
- All-Tube Signal Path
- Front Panel Output Level Indicator
- Front Panel Gain Reduction Meter
- Rear Panel Balanced Line Input (XLR)
- Rear Panel Balanced Line Output (XLR)
- 7 Year Warranty (90 days for vacuum tubes)
- Hand Crafted in the USA
The D.W. Fearn Hazelrigg Industries VNE is a single-channel Class-A vacuum tube compressor signal path and innovative pulse width modulation control circuit for the compression.
The D.W. Fern Hazelrigg Industries VNE combines a valve-based reduction with an innovative Pulse Width modulation control circuit to drive the compression, delivering high-fidelity compression capable of high-level compressions without unwanted tonal artefacts.
Like every D.W. Fearn product, each component is hand-selected to deliver superior audio performance and reliability and the final product is the result of rigorous listening tests to deliver superlative sound.
Furthermore, the front-panel of the VNE for quick and intuitive controls with the traditional threshold, attack, release and gain as well as a side-chain high-pass filter to reduce the impact of gain-reduction sensitivity to low frequencies. It uses a gentle roll-off at 100Hz to keep low-frequency transients under control.