A three-way co-axial monitor with SAM technology and Maximised Directivity Controlled Waveguide.
The Genelec 8351B is a new co-axial, three-way monitor designed to increase audio perfection within an acoustically challenging environment. It pushes the boundaries of electrical-acoustic technology with its newly designed mechanical, acoustical and signal-processing design linked closely together. This results in a system that is completely unique within the monitoring industry.
The Genelec 8351B is a powerful update on the “A” version with increased SPL, additional room compensation EQ curves, Equalised delay and enhanced high-frequency response. As a result, it now offers the same superior performance as the smaller 8331 and 8341 studio monitors.
The centre enclosure features a minimum diffraction co-axial enclosure midrange/tweeter driver improving sound quality and providing extreme accuracy, in both on and off-axis, vertically as well as horizontally. The woofers now sit beneath the Maximised Directivity Controlled Waveguide with lips around the parameter of the monitor giving acoustic openings for the proprietary Genelec-designed Acoustically Concealed Woofer (ACW). The 8351B has class D amplifiers with 250W for the 8 ‚Öù“ woofer, 150W for the midrange driver and a 150W class A/B amplifier supplies the tweeter. All in all, the 8351B produces a frequency response of 32Hz to 43kHz with vanishingly low distortion.
Genelec’s SAM technology creates a computer-controlled network of monitors that are fully aligned in terms of level, timing and room response equalization. They are all automatically controlled and can be configured by the end-user. Like all Genelec SAM systems, the 8351B can automatically adapt to its surroundings, making it a great and reliable monitoring tool for any environment.
The Genelecs 8351B SAM Key Features:
- Outstandingly flat, broad frequency response: ±1.5dB, 38 Hz to 20 kHz.
- Extremely accurate imaging, both on and off-axis, vertically as well as horizontally, due to unique coaxial and MaxDCW™ waveguide design.
- Supports AutoCal™ to automatically (as well as manually) set level, timing and room response equalization response with included available GLM 3 kit.
- Acoustically Concealed Woofers (ACW™) allow for a three-way design in a highly compact enclosure size (17.75" x 11.25 " x 11") connectors 1 x XLR analogue input
- 2 x XLR AES/EBU input / output
- 2 x RJ45 control network