At a glance
- True Stereo operation on single controls
- Carnhill transformer coupled balanced inputs and outputs for added character and vintage vibe.
- '73 style class A output stages bring the desired '73 sound to your mix or drum buses.
- Diode-bridge based compression excels bringing 2nd order harmonic distortion characteristics and true vintage tone while eliminating nasty odd harmonic content.
- Ultra-fast attack and release time options never found in vintage designs allows for far more flexible settings, including FET like sounds and volume maximizing without transient artefacts.
- Complex sidechain filtering options elaborate over the already common high pass filters, introducing mid band peak type filters and high-frequency compression, allowing bus correction not possible before.
- Sidechain SEND and RETURN connections allow for external sidechain signals or further external processing of the internal one.
- Blend control offers built-in parallel compression without any external equipment.
- Blend ON/OFF button allows for instant comparison in between WET and DRY signals.
- Stepped controls for easy recall of settings.
The Heritage Audio Successor is Class A stereo bus compressor using true-stereo diode bridge design, Carnhill transformers, advanced sidechain filtering and parallel processing.
The Heritage Audio Successor features true stereo operation thanks to extremely tight left/right tracking and near-zero offset between channel. Unlike other compressors that sum the Left and Right channels in the detector circuit, the Successor's compression is triggered by the loudest signal in either channel.
The Successor delivers a classic sound reminiscent of vintage British compressors with Class A signal path and Carnhill transformer balanced inputs and outputs. Modern features have been added to respond to current musical trends, including ultra-fast attack and release times which give it a FET-like behaviour, and a Mix/Dry blend control allowing for parallel compression. All controls are stepped using Grayhill switches for precise settings and easy recall.