At a glance
- 8 Class A 3-Stage 73 style Prea
- Exclusively designed Transformers from Carnhill assuring that no gain stage or transformer is left out of any of the Input or Output signal paths.
- Premium 8 channel 24 Bit 192kHz Converter
- Digital output on ADAT/SMUX, SPDIF and AES/EBU
- Switchable path for converters per channel, either directly from Preamp or from External Source.
- Stand-alone 8 channel premium converter when mic pres use is not required.
The Heritage Audio Super 8 is an eight-channel transformer-coupled Class A mic preamp and premium 24-bit/192kHz analogue-to-digital converter.
The Heritage Audio Super 8 brings an all-in-one solution for musicians, producers and engineers capable of high-quality recordings directly in your DAW thanks to the eight 73-style mic preamp and their exclusive Carnhill input and output transformers.
The Super 8 preamps use Heritage Audio’s 3-stage Class A design and deliver a generous 80dB of gain and accept both mic and line levels. Each preamps also includes the usual 48V phantom power, Phase reversal and a high-pass filter set at 80Hz as well as a -20dB PAD. The first two channels also include a JFET DI input and include a Lo-Z button to switch the impedance between 300Ohm and 1200 Ohms.
In addition to the high-quality preamps, the Super 8 includes a premium AD converter operating at 24-bit/192kHz with three digital output connections including ADAT/SMUX, SPDIF and AES/EBU. The AD converter can also be used without the preamps providing high-quality conversion via the DB25 connections.