Desktop microphone preamp and DI inspired by the legendary 1073
The Heritage Audio TT- 73 is a desktop microphone preamp and DI inspired by the legendary 1073designed as a portable solution for stage use or location recordings.
The Heritage Audio TT-73 delivers the iconic 1073 sound vibrant, vintage and clean. Thanks to the separate input and output level controls, the TT-73 lets you drive and saturate the input producing a rich and colourful sound akin to vintage consoles.
Carnhill input and output transformers are used to add the colour and sheen to your mic, line or DI instruments. The DI input comes before the input transformer which adds some punch and sheen to any bass sound. A DI Thru jack allows you to combine the sound of the preamp with the sound instrument amplifiers ensuring great tone and flexibility.
Heritage Audio TT-73 Overview:
- 80dB Class A Microphone preamplifier, HI-LO selectable minimum input impedance, balanced and floating. High gain positions show a higher impedance, ideal for old ribbon mics.
- 50Db Class A Line preamplifier, bridging input impedance, balanced and floating.
- All discrete Class A Ultra High Impedance J-Fet Direct Input on a high quality Neutrik Jack. The DI circuit is ahead of the Mic Input transformer, so the transformer is on when in DI mode.
- DI THRU jack with ground lift switch for simultaneous hum free use of instrument amplifiers.
- Class A single ended, 2N3055 driven, high headroom output stage.
- Individual Neutrik gold plated XLR connectors for microphone and line inputs.
- Gold Plated Neutrik XLR output.
- PAD: 20dB Mic input attenuation ahead of the input transformer to avoid overloading it.
- HI PASS FILTER: Active all discrete Class A 3rd order Bessel, 80Hz Hi Pass Filter. 18dB/octave slope.
- OUTPUT control to allow overloading of the preamp.
- Internal no noise PSU, accepting worldwide voltages from 100v to 240v
- Carnhill Input and Output transformers.
- 3 gain stage, genuine B283 gain card modular construction.
- Marconi style knobs and vintage style engraved push buttons.