At a glance
- Custom-wound American
MuMetal shielded transformer
- Converts instrument-level to mic-level signal in DI mode
- Converts line-level into instrument-level signal in Amp-Up mode
- Heavy Duty Steel Enclosure
- Pad: 0dB, -12dB & 18dB works in DI & Amp-Up modes
- Amp-Up "BIG ROLL" sets a 1kHz gentle 6dB/octave high frequency rolloff to the signal
The Locomotive Audio Z-Car is a passive DI and Reamping device in one box with a versatile pad and a 6dB/octave high-frequency roll-off.
The Locomotive Audio Z-Car uses custom-wound American Mu-Metal transformers to isolate input jacks and XLR outputs and provide the correct impedance on each side.
In DI mode, the Z-car lets you connect your instrument to a preamp before recording equipment or send it back to guitar pedals or amp in Amp mode. A three-position switch offers a choice of passive attenuation ranging from flat, -12dB or -18dB.
In Amp mode, the recorded signal is fed from the DAW to the desired amplifier. It includes two frequency response modes, a full frequency mode and a Big Roll mode that rolls off high-frequency from 1kHz with a 6dB/oct slope.
The Z-Car comes with a lifetime warranty, providing working engineers with a reliable workhorse tool and the peace of mind required should anything go wrong.